There are many who claim to “reinvent” themselves as they make career changes in life, but I have always preferred the term “redirect.” I haven’t changed my field or created a new profession, I’ve simply redirected my focus from merchandising collections for fashion designers to wardrobe consulting for individual clients. It’s similar in many ways, but much more personal and hopefully more beneficial to the end user.
After leaving an exciting career at Giorgio Armani and moving to Fairfield County, Connecticut I decided to teach what I had learned and experienced over the previous 12 years in New York to eager and artsy fashion students at a nearby college. Once again, I found myself favoring the course I knew only too well… merchandising. It was never so much the actual designing of clothes that compelled me into the field of fashion, but rather the excitement of creating outfits appropriate for anyone’s lifestyle and the pleasure of watching my clients’ relief and satisfaction in finding what really fits well and looks terrific.
My goal with Style Design is to guide clients to a comfortable appreciation of their own unique style while helping them discover how to make the best choices to suit their lifestyle needs.
WARDROBE CONSULTANT AND FOUNDER OF STYLE DESIGN, INC.
- Assess your current style preference that reflects your taste, lifestyle and personality
- Analyze body proportions to advise on appropriate cuts, shapes and lines of clothing
- Determine colors that best suit skin and hair colors
- Questionnaire will be given prior to analysis
- *Approximately 1 1/2 – 2 hours
- (This service is included with any of the services below)
- An assessment and re-organization of your current wardrobe
- Assistance in creating and co-coordinating outfits already in your wardrobe
- Pictures and labels will be provided as reference tools
- A follow-up list provided with suggestions on key pieces that are needed to update wardrobe
- *A minimum 2 hour service
- Wardrobe Analysis and Organization (*minimum 2 hours)
- A fresh, honest pair of eyes to guide you through the store experience
- Find stores and departments that are best suited for your style and needs
- Gain the confidence needed to know what to shop for when going alone
- Actually save money by buying pieces you’ll actually wear
- A stop at a coffee shop included in the excursion!
- *Minimum 2 hour excursion
- A shopping date for your teen or ‘tween daughter and a friend or two
- An objective eye for finding those hip, but appropriate styles for their wardrobe or event
- Allows the girls to feel they’ve made their own fashionable decisions
- Saves money, time and headaches for moms
- *Minimum 2 hour journey
- For when you just don’t have the time and or the energy
- Pieces or outfits brought to your door to try on in the comforts of your own house
- Returns will be made and are included with this service
- *On an hourly basis depending on the shopping list
Personal Look Book
- A customized collection of images and links to styles and outfits that best suit your lifestyle/event
- Photos of outfits that were created during the wardrobe consultation
- Look Books can be ordered separately
Check out the sample book below….
- An alternative to working on a full-scope basis, this scaled down service answers your fashion questions easily and quickly. Custom style solutions sent right to your inbox. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
A Wonderful New Service will offer Breast Cancer Patients Unique Stylish Advice
FACT: About 1 in 8 women will develop invasive breast cancer over the course of their lifetime, according to the National Breast Cancer Foundation. Each year, more and more women who’ve been diagnosed with early-stage breast cancer in one breast choose to have that breast and the other healthy breast removed.
Because of this reality, STYLE DESIGN has created The PINK Package; a wellness service providing complimentary wardrobe revamping which analyzes, edits and outfits the clothing collection of each patient in order to help enhance their new figure.
Other generous sponsors in Fairfield County have joined in this effort by offering a perfect compliment to The PINK Package. Lord & Taylor, Havana Jeans, MD SolarSciences and Noelle Day Spa will provide products, discounts and services that best enhance each participant’s needs.
If you or someone you know has had body altering procedures due to breast cancer, please contact Trish to discuss and schedule an appointment.
Together, The PINK Package can assist with every patient’s journey of creating a healthy mind and body balance while, literally, adding to their “new look” on life.
- *Travel time is not included in the consulting period and you will not charged for that time.
- *Customers may reschedule/cancel up until 24 hours prior to appointment.
Thank you so, so much for getting me started with my corporate wardrobe this summer. I get so many compliments on my dresses and outfits every day, and all credit goes to you! I cannot tell you how much I appreciate your help! To more shopping in the future, xo Sarah”[/spb_parallax]
I can not thank you enough for the fabulous job you did today dissecting my closet! It feels so great to have it cleaned out and have some great direction for which pieces to add. I really appreciate it and loved meeting you and working with you! I am copying two of my friends on my street on this who may be interested in doing the same thing.”
Rebecca in Fairfield
Thanks so much the excellent advice with my clothing! You were just awesome! And with your trained eye guiding me, I have to say I felt guilt-free for getting rid of things, even if I’d never worn them.
Although… I think I could use another couple of hours help with my winter stuff! I’ve just folded 17 loads of laundry & have topped up my closet with some more not-so-great stuff, until you make them work!”
Beth in Norwalk
“…BTW, I’ve looked great lately! I’ve made a point to take a little more time for me and think about what I’m wearing. Thanks for all your help!”
Lyn in Weston
Thanks so much for all of your wardrobe consulting help the other day – it was terrific! I bought some navy espadrilles that look great with my dark jean combos, and already took my stuff to be hemmed. You motivated me into action!!!!”
Michelle in Fairfield
So nice to meet you… thanks for making the trip. I am embarrassed by my appearance. I did go to Nordstrom’s today and I saw the shoes you suggested. there. I got them. They are so comfortable!! I also got a black skirt and a few sweaters, shirts and scarves that we takled about. I am trying! …You helped me a lot with how to buy things and what not to wear…”
Vivian in Cheshire
What can I say…my mornings are easier thanks to you! I can actually sleep in an extra 20 minutes since I’m not belaboring endlessly over what to wear to work. See. you for the Spring cleaning/outfitting! : )”
Christine in Darien
You were definitely my go-to fashion guru with this article. Thank you!”
Karen – freelance writer